marți, 4 septembrie 2012

Review:The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa.

The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

My rating: 5 of 5 stars




I received this e-galley from Harlequin via Netgalley.Thank you so much!

Since i heard about this book i was so happy because i really like Julie's books.I was a little dissapointed when the Iron Fey series ended(not because i didn't like the way it ended),but now i feel like i want to dance all the time when i think about the fact that Julie is writing again about Nevernever and fairies..Julie,thank you so much!

I gotta admit that after i finished The Iron King i was wondering if Ethan forgot about what happened,but now in The Lost Prince i found the answer.

I don't know if i should just say that i was surprised because of Ethan's attitude or the way things happened in The Lost Prince,but there were things that left me speechless and a little shocked.

It wasn't really what i imagined.Yes,i liked this book,but there were moments when i wanted to punch Ethan because he was so subborn!C'mon.I understand that he was afraid of Them,but he didn't have to be so..i don't really have a word that could describe him.

What i liked the most was how Julie wrote about a Ethan and his family,what happened after Meghan left them to be the Iron Queen,and how Ethan relationship with Kenzie started.

How can i write a review without giving too many details?I can't really right now because i'm excited and mostly confused-in a good way ,of course.

This was something new and amazing.There are a few new characters,but i was glad to read again about Grimalkin,Puck(my favorite!),Ash,Meghan and Leanensidhe(believe me in the Iron Fey series i didn't like her so much but now i'm glad to read about her).Too bad there weren't many scenes with Puck.Oh,god,i really missed him.But it was easy to remember what Puck did in the other series and how just his presence in The Lost Prince made me smile like a crazy person.Yes,i adore him.Yes,i want to read more about him.Please,Julie,write more about Puck!

Anyway.The Lost Prince is about Ethan and about all the problems the fairies do.Ethan knows that if the fairies find out that he can see them they won't leave him alone.That's not something new,but at least Ethan knows the rules.

Now i know the reason why Ethan is acting like a jerk.Why hes trying to keep people away from him.He doesn't want to be like that.Who wants to be like that?In the end what Ethan tried to do was to protect himselft and everyone around him.But i was really glad when things changed between him and Kenzie.I think that was my favorite part.

Kenzie.What can i say about her..Hmm.What i liked about her the most was the fact that she didn't give up and she tried so hard to get Ethan's attention.Brave.Stubborn.Pretty.Definitely the kind of girl i always thought that could make Ethan see that he can't push everyone away from him forever.But like everyone she has a secret..

When i started writing i mentioned that fact that there were scenes that left me speachless and shocked.Well,that was because of Keirran.Yes,i'm sure that you heard about this name in The Iron Knight(the last book in the Iron Fey series-but that was just a dream and now in The Last Prince is real!),Ash and Meghan's son.I gotta admit that i was really happy when Julie mentioned him in the book.I thought: "Yey!Finally.",but what he did at first left me without words.Don't get me wrong i like Keirran.He did what he did just to help Ethan,but it was a little too much and dangerous.

The end?It was amazing!Exactly what i wanted and a little more.

Maybe i'm wrong.Maybe i exaggerated.But this is my opinion.I loved Ethan's story and i'm looking forward to read the next book.



Julie Kagawa,once again you didn't dissapoint me!I love your books and i hope that you keep writing like this.





Rating:5/5.It was amazing!



View all my reviews

Niciun comentariu: